For Mikey – 1978-2009One of the founders of Colt Monday (Both the website and the weekly Emerson "soiree"), Mike Morrison passed away in May 2009. He was the best friend anybody ever had. It might not be much, but this website is dedicated to his memory. We love you and we miss you, Mikey.
- Celtics to sign Javale McGee! I love it! Bring in these flawed players, have Stevens shine 'em up, and ship them out for picks! Great move! 1 hour ago
- Tyler Zeller wins it at the buzzer and celebrates excessively streamable.com/o293 1 hour ago
- RT @wilfork75: Morning guys ... Please read below this will be my only statement http://t.co/gClv03hqet 1 hour ago
- Crowder was hot in 1st half; Bradley comes out hitting everything in the 3rd. Crowder must've lent him his laser. http://t.co/z9cVZWFPip 14 hours ago
- The Alps of MIT (Cambridge, MA): TripAdvisor entry for the giant snow pile tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Rev… 18 hours ago
Tag Archives: History
New stuff from Cold War Kids, Beck, Grouplove & Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, plus great jams from Black Joe Lewis, Surfer Blood & others!
From a series of Smithsonian promo posters designed by Jenny Burrows. Clink: The Daily What
Having a case of the hiccups can suck in an unfortunate situation, like on a first date or if you’re in a public bathroom… but is there any time worse for them to strike than when you’re reading the news … Continue reading
Update: Our very own Colt Monday ex-pat Rob Wilson (de los Hermanos Wilsones) is at least partly responsible (he’s editing and producing them) for these awesome educational clips into the art of the homage. We’re so proud! I found them randomly … Continue reading
So the crazy Taiwanese news animators and Conan have been getting into a good-natureed battle. The video above is a returned volley that responds to Conan’s response to their original coverage of Conan’s return to TV. Got that? Good. I’m … Continue reading
Look, I’m a big dork. I was raised on Hawaiian Punch, Oreos and a steady dose of cartoons, and I still play video games and still think South Park is one of the best show ever. So real world events … Continue reading
Roman Shusterman, a 29-year-old unemployed political activist, has started a “Peace Through Face-Sitting” movement in Manhattan’s Union Square. Every single day, for 4 hours in the afternoon, he will offer you the chance to sit on his face — all … Continue reading
We know two things happened at a rally in Philadelphia over the weekend. 1) Somebody threw a book at President Obama, and it JUST missed him. 2) A naked guy was arrested after streaking in an attempt to win a … Continue reading