For Mikey – 1978-2009One of the founders of Colt Monday (Both the website and the weekly Emerson "soiree"), Mike Morrison passed away in May 2009. He was the best friend anybody ever had. It might not be much, but this website is dedicated to his memory. We love you and we miss you, Mikey.
- 2 episodes in & watching "Fear The Walking Dead" feels like a chore. Nicotero is such a hack. Amazing how hard he's screwed up a sure thing 10 hours ago
- RIP, Wes Craven, Horror Maestro. Nightmare, Hills Have Eyes, Last House on the Left, Scream, People Under the Stairs. hollywoodreporter.com/news/wes-crave… 16 hours ago
- The Evolution of Magazine Covers medium.com/@karenxcheng… 16 hours ago
- The smell has dissipated and the building engineers are on the case. I'm gonna put the fire extinguisher away now 1 day ago
- Or, alternatively... Someone could've eaten a bad burrito or something. We can't tell. 1 day ago
Tag Archives: History
New stuff from Cold War Kids, Beck, Grouplove & Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, plus great jams from Black Joe Lewis, Surfer Blood & others!
From a series of Smithsonian promo posters designed by Jenny Burrows. Clink: The Daily What
Having a case of the hiccups can suck in an unfortunate situation, like on a first date or if you’re in a public bathroom… but is there any time worse for them to strike than when you’re reading the news … Continue reading
Update: Our very own Colt Monday ex-pat Rob Wilson (de los Hermanos Wilsones) is at least partly responsible (he’s editing and producing them) for these awesome educational clips into the art of the homage. We’re so proud! I found them randomly … Continue reading
So the crazy Taiwanese news animators and Conan have been getting into a good-natureed battle. The video above is a returned volley that responds to Conan’s response to their original coverage of Conan’s return to TV. Got that? Good. I’m … Continue reading
Look, I’m a big dork. I was raised on Hawaiian Punch, Oreos and a steady dose of cartoons, and I still play video games and still think South Park is one of the best show ever. So real world events … Continue reading
Roman Shusterman, a 29-year-old unemployed political activist, has started a “Peace Through Face-Sitting” movement in Manhattan’s Union Square. Every single day, for 4 hours in the afternoon, he will offer you the chance to sit on his face — all … Continue reading
We know two things happened at a rally in Philadelphia over the weekend. 1) Somebody threw a book at President Obama, and it JUST missed him. 2) A naked guy was arrested after streaking in an attempt to win a … Continue reading